|Mission 836: 1,264 bombers and 726 fighters are dispatched to hit the main station and marshaling yard at Nurnberg, Germany; the target is bombed visually and using H2X radar; they claim 49-1-21 Luftwaffe aircraft; 5 B-17s and 7 fighters are lost:
1. 360 B-24s dispatched abandon the mission over Belgium due to weather conditions; one B-24 hits Steig, a target of opportunity; 1 B-24 is damaged beyond repair; 3 airmen are KIA and 2 WIA. Escorting are 123 of 141 P-51s; they claim 2-0-0 aircraft; 1 P-51 is lost (pilot MIA).
2. 831 of 904 B-17s hit the primary target; targets of opportunity are Schiltach (16) and other (12); 5 B-17s are lost, 2 damaged beyond repair and 241 damaged; 9 airmen are KIA, 10 WIA and 47 MIA. The escort is 315 of 337 P-51s; they claim 8-0-2 aircraft on the ground; 5 P-51s are lost (pilots MIA).
3. 194 P-47s and P-51s strafe rail and road targets in the Nurnberg and Straubing areas; they claim 12-0-1 aircraft in the air and 35-1-20 on the ground; 7 fighters are lost (pilots MIA).
4. 28 of 29 P-51s fly a scouting mission without loss.
5. 10 P-51s escort photo reconnaissance aircraft over Germany.
Mission 837: 10 of 11 B-24s drop leaflets in the Netherlands and Germany during the night without loss.
Mission 838: During the night of 20/21 Feb, 30 B-24s attack the Neustadt marshaling yard without loss and 6 of 7 B-24s fly CARPETBAGGER missions.